Monday, December 6, 2010

Julie/Julia-esque post

Since my latest favorite is Julia Powell, I'm going to try to post a Julie/Julia post right now. Oh Julia, forgive me.

***

Last night, I rummaged the fridge and it came to me to cook adobo but my Tita Offie offered to teach me how to cook Menudo. I agreed immediately. So after thawing the pork I found myself mincing onion and garlic and slicing bell peppers and sauteed the onion and garlic.

After I put the meet on the sautee, we remembered that we still haven't prepared the potatoes so I diced them as fast as I can to catch up with 10 minute simmering of the meat on water, soy sauce, and fish sauce. I luckily caught up with the meat.

The Menudo was simple, not that flamboyant style because we have no time to prepare because it was almost 11PM that time. Yes, we eat late a lot and I know its unhealthy but who cares, we are eating that late. So after the table is set, we sat down immediately and I found out my first menudo is good. It is not that great but it is good for a first timer. The meat was tender and juicy, so as the potatoes but the sauce is kind of salty. Oh well, I have the right to make mistake. At least, we all three enjoyed the meal.

PS: I ate a lot. I had three helpings of rice and belly is ballooning right now.

***

Oh Julia, don't hunt me down and kill me. I love you Julia, you inspired me a lot. Lol. I have to go to the salon later. Good Times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly appreciated