Friday, May 27, 2011

Brigada Eskwela

I apologize for not having been posting to this blog because I have been so busy these past few weeks. I had a short stint as a call center agent, then I'm writing for BlogWatch.tv and I'm active with Para sa mga Bata Advocacy. So please forgive me if I have not been posting, that is assuming that there are avid readers of this blog.

This week, I volunteered for Brigada Eskwela 2011 on my high school. I love how the sense of Bayanihan is being recreated on this kind of project especially when providing a better learning environment for our public school students is very much needed. So yeah, along with teachers, students, and local officials, I helped on painting the classrooms, fixing the chairs etc.

Although I enjoyed and appreciated the joint efforts of different stakeholders, the need for raw materials such as plywoods, nails, and new chairs are very much needed. I really think that what we are doing is superficial because we are painting over "bulok" walls, termite-infested chairs and rusted grills. It would be better if there will be donations for these raw materials.

Helping out is always fun. Volunteerism conjures a sense of self fulfillment. If we are going to help with giving our students a conducive learning environment, we can ease out our diseased educational system .

Here are some  pictures from the Brigada Eskwela:











PS; Our school, Pulong Buhangin High School was the National Champion in the Brigada Eskwela 2005, and  a recent awardee for Brigada Eskwela 2010. 

2 comments:

  1. Very good coverage! Will be in Brigada this year with DepEd. Just followed you hope you could do the same! You're welcome to visit my blog at www.gastronomybyjoy.com
    Thanks and have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy, Thank you for reading my blog. It's a good feeling if we volunteer no? It gives you an intangible satisfaction. Anyway, I do not write anymore in this blog. I transferred my virtual memoir to gelolopez.wordpress.com. Of course I will be following you using that blog.

      Cheers!

      Delete

Your comments are highly appreciated